Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

The cd is stuck in stereo. I put a cd in w/o cleaning it

Customer Question

The cd is stuck in stereo. I put a cd in w/o cleaning it first and it started to give me error signals. Can I repair this myself or does it need a technician?
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Wave and I don't see a model number. I don't know the age.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I think the dirty cd caused a problem. it started immediately after I inserted it. I just tried rejecting. worked for a while but cd is stuck and will not reject. says disc error.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the Wave (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the Wave, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not working properly. won't eject.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, remove the power to it, then hold the eject button and with it held, power it on and tell me if it ejects please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Already paid $31.00. can't afford any more.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

There is no need to pay anything more, I need you please to do the instructions I asked

I have repeated these below

remove the power to it, then hold the eject button and with it held, power it on and tell me if it ejects please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Your last suggestion didn't work. power off, press eject button, plugged back in still holding eject button. stayed the same.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

thank you

It is the internal drive motor to drive the ejection that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where do I send it?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

you would need to take it into a repair center in your area.

If you give me your Zip I can locate one for you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
18015
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do I know there will not be a repair charge? I don't have any paperwork.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

If it is not under warranty there will be a repair charge

How old is the unit?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't know the age. I bought it from someone.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, if it is under 1 year it will be a repair under warranty, but it also requires the paper work.

you would need to pay for the repair and likely it will exceed the value of the unit.

Then only place I saw that can do the repair is

Integrity Audio

1470 E University Ave

Bethlehem,

PA

18015

Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

But I would advise you to get a pricing first

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. I will take your good advice. Thank you. Deb
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

you're welcome Deb

And please remember to take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit so I am credited.

Thank you