Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I am not getting good sound off my Bose CD and Radio player.

Customer Question

I am not getting good sound off my Bose CD and Radio player. The device has no stereo sound apps just volume buttons on the remote
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: I can't find a model number just a Serial number which has 4 numbers underlined. It ia Wave system iii, if that helps
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: There is no way to adjust the sound, either on the device itself or on the remote
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Was this all working before without any issues and then suddenly stopped? Or is this the first time setting it up please?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I'm unclear on that since you said there's no way to adjust the sound on the remote, it sounds like you've not used it before? Please elaborate.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I'm unsure why you're unable to reply back to me, but I will engage you the best I can given the info posted.

The volume buttons on the remote are what adjust the sound first off. The remote you should have is at the link below (not sure if you have a different remote you're trying to use):

http://www.frontrowelectronics.com/bose-wave-music-system-remote-black-awrcc1.aspx?productid=2923/?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=dfshopping&utm_content=all&utm_campaign=DFGoogle&gclid=CjwKEAjw-uDABRDPz4-0tp6T6lMSJADNoyPbVsgVfaWcsoakRgwUJjoxe0ljv09yh11bBFS7UbxgBxoCg3bw_wcB

Secondly if you are getting no sound from any source on the Bose (CD, FM, etc.) then it sounds like the device is defective, or perhaps simply needs to be rebooted.

To reboot the Bose pull the power cord from the wall for 10 minutes, and then plug it back in. This reset its processor and can sometimes cure the issue you're having.

If there's still no sound or control via the remote, then you would want to unplug the unit for a full 60 minutes and then reconnect to drain all residual current from the unit.

Beyond that it would point to a hardware failure internally and this would require repairs made via Bose (since they are the only ones that repair their systems).

BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Please don't post duplicate questions, which we are not allowed to reply to anyhow. Instead read the information posted here, and if you need further help simply send me back a reply.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.