Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Do I hook up the EQ to the receiver, TJA: What happened

Customer Question

do I hook up the EQ to the receiver
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: T(###) ###-####JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Need to hook up eq to the receiver not sure about tape player and eq hookups
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, What EQ are you tying to connect here? There's nothing posted about the Brand and Model, can you elaborate with that?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Or if you're looking for basic "general" instructions, you would connect the EQ to the "Tape IN/Out" loop on the back of the NAD. EQ Out to Tape In, EQ In to Tape out.

Another option if you only want to the EQ to process the Main Left and Right Speakers is to remove the jumpers on "Pre-Out/Main In" and connect the EQ into those jacks (Pre Out-->EQ IN/ Main In--->EQ Out).

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.