Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

CD stuck in our wave system III. Can I get out out myself?

Customer Question

CD stuck in our wave system III . Can I get out out myself?
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Its a wave III see No. 055443P43020048AC
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: sorry, AE
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Been working fine. Just inserted a new CD of bird noises and it started making a grinding noise when we tried to eject it. Its just the small stand alone house unit with speakers built in (not a theatre system)
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 8 months ago.

The first thing to do is unplug it, and hold the eject button while you plug it back in. This is the reset. However I think it's more mechanical since you described grinding. You shouldn't open it yourself, you'll have to send it to Bose. They will send your CD back when it is repaired.

The repair is usually a flat fee of $120. If they cannot fix it, they will offer you a new radio at an incredibly discounted rate. You'll need to call to get an RA number, 1800-023-367.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
didn't work
Expert:  Rusty replied 8 months ago.

Ok, that's what I feared. There are little plastic gears that run the eject mechanism. They can wear out over time, this isn't the first time this has happened. I see these all the time. You will need to send it to Bose for repair. When they work on it, they will make sure everything is in tip-top shape before sending it back to you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I believe it is still less than 12 mths old so will take it back to the Bose centre in Melbourne. thanks
Expert:  Rusty replied 8 months ago.

I never see that part go bad that quickly! Usually it's between the 5-8 year mark. Definitely use your warranty, it will save you shipping and repair costs.