Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

My system says Disc un readable even though I have tried

Customer Question

My system says Disc un readable even though I have tried several discs
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: I am not sure. It is called Wave Music System 3
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried two discs wish were stuck playing andx had to be rejected. The disc seem to stop several times and then the system said disc unreadable
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 4 months ago.

The first thing to do is unplug it for one minute. Hold the eject button on the main unit while you plug it back in. This will reset the radio.

If the problem is still there, try a store bought lens cleaner. This will clear any dust off of the lens, and will sometimes fix the problem completely.

If you still have the same error, it means the disc laser needs to be replaced. You'll need to call and get an RA number and shipping instructions. Bose charges a flat fee (usually around $100) to fix it, and if they cannot fix it, they will offer you a new radio at an incredibly discounted rate. Call 1-***-***-****.