Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years as audio/video repair and installation tech.
39158752

The remote on my Bose radio/CD player no longer works. I

Customer Question

The remote on my Bose radio/CD player no longer works. I have replaced the battery to no avail. Is there a way I can get a new remote. As it is my system is not useless to me. The number on the bottom is:
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: SN: 033975C10145389AC is the number on the bottom. I have had it for several years buy I do not remember the exact date of purhase.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have replaced the battery. For several days before it gave out I had trouble starting it initially, but then if I switched from FM to AM or to CD it worked until I could simply no longer turn it on.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of a thing. Replacing the battery seemed the most reasonable thing to do and it did not help.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions.;
Please let me know when you are ready

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just want to know if I need a new remote and where I can get one.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You can contact me tomorrow or e-mail me at***@******.***. I just got home from a rehearsal and I am too tired now.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hello again

The bose radio/cd you are suggesting would be the Bose wave 2 ( AWRCC 1/2/3) and you can get a new one at the link below For $12

Here is that link ; http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-New-Remote-Black-For-Bose-Wave-Radio-CD-Music-System-AWRCC1-AWRCC2-AWRCC3-/162130796228

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you