Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

About a half hour into a listening session with my radio the

Customer Question

About a half hour into a listening session with my radio the sound becomes staticey . I don't notice the problem when I'm listening to a CD.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, What's the Brand and model of the radio you're referring to here? Is it a Bose Wave by chance?

Also roughly how old is the unit?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Please read my reply and postback to proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm unsure why you're unable to reply, but I'm assuming this is a Bose Wave as it uses it's power cord as the antenna.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If so, this is a somewhat common occurrence with the tuner once these systems get on in years (or in some cases prematurely) and it points to a failing/out of spec components in the tuner portion of the radio. The only thing on a user level you can try is to leave the Bose unplugged from power for 60 minutes or longer to drain all residual current from the system which resets it's processor.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If the sound still becomes static when using the radio beyond that then this does indicate a fault occurring in the tuner that does require repairs be made to the system.

In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:
BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.