Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

It will play the radio, but the touch screen is off center.

Customer Question

It will play the radio, but the touch screen is off center. Actually, I have to press the screen about an inch below and to the left of the tuning button in order to change stations. All screen functions are like that. Is there a way to re-center the touch screen so that I can press on the function I want rather than guess where else to press to get a response?
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: My eyes struggle with smaller stuff but it appears to be a double din DDX816, or DDX818. I don't know how old it is; it was in the car when I bought it about six months ago.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It's been like this since we bought the car. I would not even know what to guess to try to fix this.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at the moment.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Your Kenwood device needs a screen recalibration to be performed.

It is possible that, if you link up an Android smartphone or tablet to the Kenwood device, you can use the Kenwood Smartphone Control app on it (see

http://www.kenwood.com/car/app/kenwood_smartphone_control/eng/ )

to order a "Screen calibration" from the menu of the Smartphone Control app.

If you can determine, e.g. with a magnifier, exactly what Kenwood model # you have, I might be able to find other information on how to do a screen calibration without a smartphone, perhaps.