Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I cannot "pair" my new BOSE Solo 10 Series II TV sound

Customer Question

Hi- I cannot "pair" my new BOSE Solo 10 Series II TV sound system with my iPhone so that I can play Pandora. Manual says "bluetooth indicator blinks blue" Cannot find that
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 6 months old. Sony 48 KVW....
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I closed out all my 2 other wireless speakers from the iPhone, per instructions.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: everything works fine for TV dialogue clarity.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. On the Bose Solo 10 remote, you need to press and hold the "BlueTooth" icon, for several seconds until the indicator turns Blue. Did you do that yet?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

The BlueTooth icon on the Bose remote is directly below the "TV" button.

Also on your phone, shut of BlueTooth altogether and then turn it back on and "search for available devices". The Bose should show up under those devices and you will then move to "Pair" on tthe phone and it should pair with the Bose.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've done all those steps (your answers are in the manual that I read and followed.) I know the wireless icon is below the TV button but I do not see "blue."
Your answers are nothing more than what I've read in the manual. I paid money for you to read the manual back to me?
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Okay well, I'm unsure what you tried exactly as you said you couldn't get the icon to turn blue. I will opt out now, good luck.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'd be an idiot to pay you another $26 to talk to you ($51 total) when for $31 you simply read me the manual, like I've already done.