GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I simply don't know how to connect the SoundLink Mini to my

Customer Question

I simply don't know how to connect the SoundLink Mini to my Apple phone or to my Bose Sound Bar.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Newer than my SoundLink.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I plugged in the SoundLink and
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: went to the Music on my phone. The music does not connect with my phone. I only hear music thru my phone.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there. My name is***** would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Let's start with connecting to the iphone. Please make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your iPhone.

I own a Bose portable speaker myself and have found the resetting the speaker usually works like a charm.

Resetting the speaker -

A factory reset clears paired mobile devices and language settings from the speaker and returns it to original factory settings.

1. Power on the speaker.

2. Press and hold for ten seconds.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem., would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Sometimes it takes more than one try to get it to reset. with the speaker on, please press the power button and hold it down for a full 30 seconds this time, or until you hear it beep and see the lights flash.

Here's a link to the user manual for your speaker. It may come in handy in the future. You can save it to your computer for future reference or print it out.

http://worldwide.bose.com/productsupport/assets/pdf/guides/soundlink_mini/en/slm_ii_english_og.pdf

Please keep me posted on the results after you've tried to reset it again.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Here is more information that will be useful to you after you have reset your Soundlink Mini.

Pairing with your iPhone®

Pairing occurs when two Bluetooth devices communicate with each other and establish a connection. A record of information about this connection is then stored in the memory of each device. Once you pair a device with the SoundLink® mini Bluetooth speaker, you should not have to pair it again. The speaker can pair with up to six Bluetooth devices. However, it can only connect to, and play audio from one device at a time.

To pair with a Bluetooth device, follow these steps:

1. With the Bluetooth device and the SoundLink® Mini speaker both turned on, press Bluetooth on the speaker to make it discoverable. The Bluetooth indicator on the speaker blinks blue to show that it's discoverable

2. Set your Bluetooth device to "Discoverable." This will allow your device to discover the SoundLink® Mini speaker

3. Locate the Bluetooth device list in the user interface of your device. Select "Bose mini SoundLink" from the list

4. If your Bluetooth device prompts you for a passcode, enter digits 0000 (four zeros) and press "OK." Some devices also ask you to accept the connection.

The speaker indicates pairing is complete when you hear an audible tone and the Bluetooth indicator turns solid white

To connect to a previously paired device, follow these steps:

1. On the speaker, press Power to turn it on. The Bluetooth indicator flashes white

2. On your mobile device, turn Bluetooth ON if it is not already on. The speaker indicates pairing is complete when you hear an audible tone and the Bluetooth indicator remains solid white

Note: If the speaker is in discoverable mode (blinking blue), and you want to go back into connecting mode, press Bluetooth. The indicator blinks white and the Bose® SoundLink® Mini speaker goes into connecting mode.

Speaker memory

The Bose® SoundLink® Mini speaker memory can hold up to six paired devices. When the memory is full and an additional device is paired, the least recently used device is deleted from memory and replaced by the newly paired device.

To clear the memory of all devices, press and hold Bluetooth for about 10 seconds until you hear a tone. All Bluetooth devices are cleared from the speaker, and the Bose® SoundLink® Mini speaker becomes discoverable.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I'm not at all sure that you can connect the SoundLink mini to the Bose Sound Bar. They work basically the same way, connecting to a device that is broadcasting via Bluetooth and playing what is being broadcasting. They weren't really designed to connect with each other.

Please give these suggestions a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.