Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Z506 what is the wording for input I'm hooking it up to a

Customer Question

Z506 what is the wording for input I'm hooking it up to a yamaha 6230
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 4 days ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Is this a Yamaha HTR-6230? Also the speakers you're referring to are Logitech units that require an older style PC with multi-channel 1/8" line outputs correct?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 days ago.

Please review my post and send a reply back to proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 days ago.

If so, then unfortunately there is not an easy way to connect these speakers to the Yamaha without multiple converters and adapters ("Speaker to line converters" are needed for each pair of channels and additionally split RCA to 1/8" female adapters will be needed). The reason being is that those speakers are specifically designed to connect to a PC with a 5.1 channel soundcard (line level outputs), and the Yamaha receiver is designed to connect to standard bare-wire "passive speakers".

If you'd still like to do this, you will need roughly $100 in converters and adapters, but I can provide links to the parts needed if you still decide to go this route.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 days ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.