Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

We are not able to set up the sharp tv to wifi, 2 years old

Customer Question

we are not able to set up the sharp tv to wifi
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 years old but not sure of the model. It is a 60in Aquos
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: menu works fine. We have the same model downstairs that was easy to setup. We followed the directions and it won't connect to the wifi
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: we've never got wifi to work on this tv. We've followed the directions and it just won't connect after pressing the WPS button on the router
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there a technician close to our location who can come out and set it up?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

What is the model of your Internet modem/router device?
Does the TV have the option for you to enter your wi-fi / wireless password (instead of pressing the WPS button)?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not sure of the router model but I know that's not the issue. We do have the option to enter the network and password ***** that didn't work either.

Thank you.

1. Does the TV show your wi-fi / wireless network name, so you can just select it (instead of having to type in your network name)?

2. What happens when entering your wi-fi / wireless password / key, and selecting Connect / next? What's the error or message?

- Note: password ***** *****

3. Can you please check at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device(s) for the model of it?

4. Are you able to check / confirm your wi-fi / wireless password ***** key?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1 yes. 2 failed to set up wireless connection 3 arris dg1670. 4 yes

Thank you. Can you please disconnect the power cord from your Arris modem/router device for about three minutes, then re-connect

, then turn off the TV, then disconnect power cord for a minute, then re-connect, then turn on and try again.

- Do you also have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

If through you feel the wifi router is not the issue, we need to properly rule this out.

Please check on it for a label indicating the make and model of the router