Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My pioneer elite vsx01TXH won't turn on. The MCACC light is

Customer Question

My pioneer elite vsx01TXH won't turn on. The MCACC light is flashing.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Sony xbr & no
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried unplugging it In the past a few times it would turn off & on on its own. This morning woke up & it just won't turn on
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I guess
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 8 days ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. Offhand the MCACC light flashing is somewhat common with Pioneer receivers and it's generally caused by the DSP chip on the mainboard getting so hot that it melts it's own solder joints and needs to be re-soldered to the board. Have you tried resetting the unit as outlined in the manua?

Also how old is the receiver, is it over or under 2 years from the date of purchase?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
More than 2 years old & I lost the manual
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Any suggestions
Expert:  Aric replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for the reply. Please click the link below, then scroll to page 77 and follow the instructions for "Resetting the System" and let me know if you can get the unit to power on:

Expert:  Aric replied 8 days ago.

You may want to give those steps up to 3 tries to see if that fixes the issue. Beyond that, it would indicate a more serious fault within the receiver - commonly related to the DSP chip or in some cases the output stage on the mainboard, which would require component replacement through Pioneer.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 days ago.

The only other thing you can try on a user level (if the reset does not work) is to try leaving the receiver unplugged from power for several hours - or overnight, in the hopes this clears it's processor and acts as a reset. Unfortunately, those are the only steps you can take without having the receiver serviced through Pioneer. In that case, you can use the link below to locate an Authorized Pioneer service center in your area if you'd like:

Expert:  Aric replied 8 days ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 days ago.

Are you able to get any response from the receiver at all following the reset?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 days ago.

One last thing to try. Unplug the receiver and remove all of the speaker wires from the back of the unit (which would need to be done anyhow if the receiver requires service). Then plug the receiver back in and try the reset once more. Let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 days ago.

Any luck?

Expert:  Aric replied 8 days ago.

If not, then I'm sorry for the bad news here, all I can do is run you through all the steps you can try on a user level beyond shipping the unit to Pioneer for service.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 days ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.