Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands

About five days ago I noticed that both the radio and the

Customer Question

About five days ago I noticed that both the radio and the tone were coming on at the alarm time. The radio has been set for radio alarm ONLY, no tone, for years and I don't seem to be able to reset it to remove the "beeping tone." We really would like to restore it to "radio alarm" but am not having any success. What to do?
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: AWRC1G and at least 12 years old.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: There was a power outage where we live though the power came back within a few minutes. Since we recently moved I have not been able to find the instruction manual.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all, thanks.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 13 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 13 days ago.

To start, I would suggest replacing the 9v backup battery in the bottom of the bose since this came up after a power outage, as it indicates the memory was not saved and the system was reset when power came back on.

Then on the top of the radio, press the Alarm Mode button, until you get to the icon on screen that shows the music note only. If you see the speaker/sound waves icon or that icon and the music note together that is the tone or tone and music together. You want it on the music note only.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,