Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Bose Lifestyle system (purchased around 2000),

Customer Question

I have a Bose Lifestyle system (purchased around 2000), connected through a cbl/sat link to my tv (A recently purchased LG smart TV). The system has multiple amps powering different speakers in different areas of the house. Somehow, when I switch to using the CD player in the main Bose unit, and then switch back to the CBL/SAT source, I can't get the CBL/sat source to transmit via the speakers any more. The speakers work fine off the CD player and the TV sound works fine off its internal speakers. But nothing from the Bose speakers.. I have switched off the remotes for the other speakers. The last few times this happened, I was able to get the speakers to come back to transmit via the CBL/SAT source on by turning everything off and then turning the Bose unit on and then the TV but that longer seems to work either. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: LG 55UF6800. HD TV. Newly purchased TV. As described, the system did work but I can't get the CBL SAT source to work. We just moved into this house which has the Bose Lifestyle unit and amps (I think we have 6 amps and 5 remotes for other parts of the house).
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Last time it was caused when I mistakenly made the source the CD on one of the remotes when the system was broadcasting via the CBL SAT linkt. That turned off the CBL SAT. I have made sure that the speakers and amps work off of the CD, and that the TV works, and that the CBL SAT source is selected, and have turned the system off multiple times trying to reboot the sound.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is it. Thanks.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Can you please initially try unplugging the Bose from power (pulling it's power cord) for 15 minutes, and also reboot your Cable/SAT box in the same way (but only pulling it's power cord for 10 seconds - then plugging it back in) and let me know what happens please?