Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Dra-295 wont turn on red light lights on front nothing

Customer Question

dra-295 wont turn on red light lights on front nothing happens when pwr/standby switch pushed
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello Rick,

does this happen even with nothing connected? (only power, no speakers/components)?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for confirming,

This means there is an underlying hardware fault, and a protection circuit is engaging. There is no quick fix for this, no fuse or reset button, etc.

This is almost always a short in the power supply components or a dc offset condition meaning voltage is leaking between components in the amplifier output stage.

A loose connector on the board would not cause that.

This type of fault is common as amplifiers age, and for an 11 year old model that is at well over double its service life at this point it is not surprising to see. While this can be fixed, there are no longer parts available so any repairs would be at the component level and very labor intensive. A typical repair at a local shop will cost you several hundred dollars that would be better spent on a new and updated model with a fresh warranty for the same price or less.

Depending how you'd like to proceed I can help find a repair shop or recommend replacement options for you, just let me know

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.