Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.

Mcacc red light blinking and the receiver wont turn on, it

Customer Question

mcacc red light blinking and the receiver wont turn on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: it was on yesterday but its noit a tv but a receiver
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing i got home and tried to turn it on and wouldn't but only that red light flashing
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that'll be it thanx
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 17 days ago.

What is the model number of the receiver?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
pioneer vsx1028
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
everything was working just fine the night before then came back from work and realized that red light flashing and receiver wouldn't turn on
Expert:  Rusty replied 17 days ago.

Ok, I see what's going on. Unplug it, then plug it back in 10 seconds later. Does it say AMP ERR before MCACC starts flashing?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
its says MCACC just above the red light
Expert:  Rusty replied 17 days ago.

Yes, but after plugging it back in, does it first say AMP ERR before MCACC flashes?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
no it goes right to that red thing
Expert:  Rusty replied 17 days ago.

Ok, this is either going to be a very easy fix, or it is a major problem and will need to be taken to the shop for repair, or I can help you find a replacement that will work with your existing system.

Here goes, cross your fingers...

First, check the speaker wires to make sure no stray strands of wire are touching across terminals. If one of them is not a clean connection, disconnect the speaker wires and see if the problem clears up.

If the problem still exists:

Hold down Enter, then press the power button. The display will say RESET<NO>. Press the PRESET > button to display RESET OK, then press enter to confirm.

Tell me if the error goes away.