Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.

Had to replace the speakers and amplifier for the stereo

Customer Question

had to replace the speakers and amplifier for the stereo system. Now I am having trouble getting the turntable to produce sound through the amplifier. Have attached a a preamplifier to the amplifier as well as a RCA cord between the turntable and amplifier. Need help in the worst way!
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 18 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Perhaps the cartridge doesn't work properly, in the turntable. That is where the sound is ultimately produced.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)