Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years as audio/video repair and installation tech.

Can a Denon avr4802 connect to a Samsung_UN70KU6300F TV,

Customer Question

Can a Denon avr4802 connect to a Samsung_UN70KU6300F TV
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Denon AVR 4802...pretty old
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It looks like on the TV it only has HDMI connections
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Jack replied 28 days ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 28 days ago.

Be with you shortly , having website issues

Expert:  Jack replied 28 days ago.

Sorry this took a while , had fun with the website

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 28 days ago.

O.k but that is with a cable box /dvr that has its own remote ?

Expert:  Jack replied 28 days ago.

cable box is also called set top box or cable converter , do you have one of those or the tv is connected directly in the wall outlet

Expert:  Jack replied 28 days ago.

Hello ??

Expert:  Jack replied 28 days ago.

As you were talking about HDMI then it means you have a cable box so this can be easily done with this denon , there are a couple ways of doing this as a matter of fact , here is how you can do this ;

First if it is not already done as far as the tv and cable box goes you simply connect your hdmi cable between the two and set your tv to that source and that's it .

Now for the denon ;

You will take the sound out of the cable box , not the tv for this .and it will be the best source in any case if you want surround sound.

All cable boxes have some form of digital audio out , either optical or digital coaxial but most often optical so you will need an optical cable and connect it from the cable box to the denon`s OPTICAL 1 input at the rear and set the denon to TV , that is where the optical 1 input is assigned then at the front of the denon look for the INPUT MODE button that you may have to press to set the input to DIGITAL if you don't already have sound .

If your cable box has digital coaxial out (rca type cable) then use the coaxial 1 and set the denon to CD that is its assignment then same thing with the INPUT MODE button

That is it .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time no extra charge if you need further info or help .
Thank you