Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a bose acoustic wave radio. It has been packed away

Customer Question

I have a bose acoustic wave radio. It has been packed away for several years. I fired it up this morning and everything works great except the AM portion receives only static with no voice or music in the background. just static. What can be done?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

On most Bose Wave radios the power cord acts as the FM and AM antenna - meaning where you locate the cord will greatly affect radio reception. That said, do you know which model Bose Wave you have here (there are about a dozen models made)? Additionally have you tried using different AC outlets and also tried moving the Wave in different locations to see if any yield a better AM response?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Please try some different placement of the AC power cable, and additionally the radio (try near a window at a high location as well), and if that does not help matters, then please reply back with:

1) The rough AGE of the Bose radio (or model of the Wave - whichever you can get access to).

2) If this is the same exact location it was used before that DID yield good response from the AM portion of the tuner.

With that info we can proceed.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.