Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Bose radio MDl AWR1-1W, radio will not turn on. Was plugged

Customer Question

Bose radio MDl AWR1-1W, radio will not turn on. Was plugged in prior & worked fine last week.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

NOTE: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please send a reply back on this page so we can continue.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Generally when the Bose does not power up, it indicates a hardware failure, or at the very least the processor has locked up and needs to be reset.

Please first try unplugging the Bose from power for 60 minutes to fully reset it's processor. This is the official Bose reset for their devices. This drains all residual current from the internal power supply and can effectively reset the unit.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

However, if this does not work, then the system would need to be repairs. In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:
BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.