Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Yamaha receiver RX V377. The message I now get on

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha receiver RX V377. The message I now get on the receiver is " decoder off". I must have pushed the wrong button on either my remote or the YAMAHA RECEIVER. I FIRST CONTACTED MY CABLE SUPPLIER WHO CHECKED AND THOUGHT IT IS A RECEIVER BUTTON PROBLEM. I HOPE YOU CAN SOLVE MY IGNORANCE VERY EASILY. THANKS,
NORM TUTTLE 808/879-2003
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Decoder Off, simply means that the Yamaha has lost signal from whatever source you're viewing from. So in this case the cable box is the culprit. That said, have you tried a reboot of the cable box (unplugged for 10 seconds and plugged it back in, or replaced the HDMI cable)?

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Let me know if you think you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.