Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a older Bose Radio/cd, Model #AWRC-1P. W had a power

Customer Question

I have a older Bose Radio/cd, Model #AWRC-1P. W had a power outage and now when you turn on the radio it shows the station you are listing to BUT does not go back to the clock mode. It only shows the station # the whole time the radio is on.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Also how do you make the alarm wake you up with just music not the alarm noise??
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I checked all the buttons to see if there was a button that causes this but I found none. I did not unplug it from the power source.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is all. Thanks
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

What you are experiencing does point to a hardware problem, likely the result of damage from a power surge when the power went out.

What we can try here first is a reset process:

1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

Let me know the results and I"ll advise further if needed.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will try that. What about in the alarm usage mode how do I just get just music not the alarm noise
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

On the top press the ALARM MODE button, after you've set the alarm time, until it shows a music note on the display, which puts it into music alarm mode (instead of beeping).

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, please reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.