Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Unit is not turning on, Blue light standby is off, checked

Customer Question

unit is not turning on, Blue light standby is off , checked main AC trans, is OK, all voltages(-30 V, 5 V )on power supply PCB are OK , check the voltage on both XTAL pins near the micro is around 2 V , but the 5 V is missing on pin 3 ,4 of connector CP108 on main PCB, whatelse could be worng, Thanks
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hello, is any body there?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can you just reply to my question above please?
Expert:  ITPeter replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 2 months ago.

If all of the input voltages are ok, then the power switch itself may have failed - can you try testing it for continuity, or try shorting it out to see if you get power?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Pete thank you for your reply. Sorry do not take me wrong I was expecting A technician called Louie to respond to me as I have always dealt with him any way But I have already first checked the switch at the beggining of diagnostic right from the start . Thanks
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

With the indulgence of ITPeter and just an FYI: Hi again Philip and apologies; mobile with sluggish Internet if at all available.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Louie,
Can you please assist with above question with regard to faulty Rotel RX-1052, as i have done some advanced diagnosis but still no luck in finalizing the fault, as I mentioned no power signs on front panel at all as the unit normally should have blue light ON when in STBY but blue light is OFF, the micro processor has 5 V supply Reset pin stays on 4.9 V and the oscillator XT101 near micro has 2 V on each pin, the Connector CP601 on power supply PCB has the following DC voltages -30 V, 5 V, I am not sure of P.CHECK volatege what should it be 2 V ac or dc?? I know that P.ON should go to 5 V when the amp is turned on, Any other clues please?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Again,Please disregard my question as I have given the unit back to my customer unprepaired, he declined to continue the repair process.RegardsFahmey