Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.
It would be the other way around- the STB does not need to recognize anything, the signal would need to be recognized by the Onkyo. That said, I need more info to help you:
1) The model number of the Onkyo?
2) How long have you owned it for and was it working fine before?
3) Any other sources connected to the Onkyo (Blu Ray, DVD, etc.) that ARE working just fine on the receiver?
4) What do you see on your TV screen?
5) What's the model number off the back of the TV?
Please don't post duplicate requests. Reply back to the info requested here and perhaps elaborate a bit more on the specifics of the problem you're having and we can proceed.
Please reply back to the rest of the info requested as it's needed to troubleshoot. I have no way of knowing what else is connected, if you've tried new cables, what the TV screen is showing, etc.