Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years as audio/video repair and installation tech.

I have a Denon AVR-2310CI receiver and I just bought a new

Customer Question

I have a Denon AVR-2310CI receiver and I just bought a new Samsung smart TV 65"
It has optical audio out and I can't find the proper input on my receiver. Is their one and also a headphone output?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem .

Take a look at the pictures below , click the links , the first one is your 2 optical inputs and the second is the headphones;

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

You will need to connect to that optical input, but in order to get it to work, you'll need to go into your receiver's menu, go to input setup, then input assign (digital, not HDMI). You'll want to assign the optical input to the TV source. To listen, select the TV source on your receiver, and you should be good to go. If you still have trouble, go into your TV menu, locate the audio menu, and turn the TV speakers off.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Whats up with that buddy , cant see that this is already replied to ???

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

For one thing you may not have anything coming out of your TV's optical out at this time so try the optical on the cable box /satellite receiver and if no optical there then it will have digital coaxial

You will NOT get surround coming out of the TV's optical , just 2 channels PCM at best

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

By default digital in`s are ;

Optic 1 = TV input

Optic 2 = DVR input

Coaxial 1 = DVD input

Coaxial 2 = SAT/CBL input

So use these depending on where you connect your cable and you can press the INPUT MODE button on the front of the unit to select DIGITAL as well