Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands

I have a VM9021TS and can't insert a CD. No disc comes out

Customer Question

I have a VM9021TS and can't insert a CD. No disc comes out when I hit eject.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I just bought the truck and it's been this way since I got it a few days ago
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried the reset action in the manual
JA: The theater expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)

There are a few things you can try:

First disconnect power (fuse) for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while reconnecting power, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, remove the the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.