Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My zone speakers won't play, since i hooked it up, have

Customer Question

my B zone speakers won't play
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: since i hooked it up
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: have changed sources a few times, but whenever I select B speakers, it just plays out of my A speakers
JA: The theater expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) What is the Brand and Model of your Home Theater receiver?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Pioneer-Vsx-1123
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** look now, and I will have some more questions for you.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

First, have you selected these jacks as "Speaker B" in the speaker setup MENU (outlined on page 84 at the link below)?

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Home/VSX-1123-K_OperatingInstructions011813.pdf

That must be done in order to use those speakers as speaker B.

Also, not sure if you're aware- but once setting those up- they can ONLY be used to playback analog sources on the Pioneer- meaning it's FM tuner, or anything Input using the RCA red and white jacks on the receiver? They will not work if trying to playback sources that are Input using HDMI or optical.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

It also shows on page 67 that if you have those jacks setup as Bi Amp, or Zone two, that trying to select the B speakers will simply shut them off and the receiver will revert back to Speaker A.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

So it sounds offhand like a setup issue, if you go ahead and configure those jacks in setup as "Speaker B", then when playing stereo sources (no multi-channel sources from HDMI or optical), then you will be able to select them and they will playback whatever the speaker A jacks are playing.

Are you trying to playback digital/multi-channel sources through those jacks (HDMI, optical, etc.)?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.