Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years as audio/video repair and installation tech.

I just installed a DNX893S into my 2007 corvette. The unit

Customer Question

I just installed a DNX893S into my 2007 corvette. The unit works perfectly fine. I am just having an issue with having the Kenwood advertising scrolling across my screen when I want to look at eithe the radio station or any other function. How can I turn that off?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Since I had it installed a couple of days ago.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I was hoping that there was a screen setting that i overlooked.
JA: The theater expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes. the backup camera has a grid which interferes with the grid that comes with the radio. What can I do to eliminate tha, other than turning the grid in the radio off.
JA: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is brand new. not sure what the brand or model is. I don't have the box that it came in.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack

To answer your question ;

What you have is the DEMO and it is turned on by default with these units and needs to be turned off .

To do this , press MENU and then open SETUP and select SPECIAL , at the top you will see DEMO , you can turn it ON/OFF right there and you`re done .

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .

Thank you