Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I HAVE A DENON AVR 883 RECEIVER AND ALL OF A SADDEN THE

Customer Question

HI i HAVE A DENON AVR 883 RECEIVER AND ALL OF A SADDEN THE LIGHT OF THE ON/STAND BY STARTED BLINKING . WHEN I PU THE SYSTEM ON AFTER A FEW SECONDS IT SHUTS DOWN. DONT KNOW IF I DONE SOMETHING I DONT KNOW
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: JUST TODAY
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: NOTHING BECAUSE I DONT HAVE A MANUAL AND THE ORIGINAL REMOTE WENT BAD AND BOUGHT A REPLACEMENT AT AMAZON
JA: The theater expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: NO, i LOVE THIS UNIT AND THE SURRAUND SOUND IS GREAT AND IT HAS NEVER FAILED ME BEFORE.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) Roughly how long have you owned the Denon for, and were there any storms, or power outages just prior to this?

2) In the short time the system stays ON, does it play sound- or shut off before the sound starts playing?

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Let me know when you're able to see my reply please.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Do you need help with this still?