Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Connect Pioneer BDP-80FD to Adcom GTP-860II, need help

Customer Question

Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

You can connect the audio out from the Pioneer to the Adcom- but the HDMI out must connect directly to your TV from the Pioneer. The HDMI gives you video on the TV, and then you will run a single RCA cable from the "Digital Audio Out" on the Pioneer to one of the RCA "Digital Audio Inputs" on the Adcom.

Then you must assign the digital audio input on the Adcom to an Input (CD, etc.) using the receiver's OSD.

This is shown in the manual for the Adcom on page 25 (Input Config) below:

https://www.usahifi.com/sites/default/files/product/503/manuals/Adcom%20GTP-860II%20Preamplifier%20Manual.pdf

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I keep getting the same pop up and made payments
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Regarding the original problem you posted about (connecting the Pioneer to the Adcom), did you need further assistance with that? If not could you please kindly click a 3-5 star rating for my efforts? That is how I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.