Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My cd magazine is stuck in my lifestyle system, from a move.

Customer Question

my cd magazine is stuck in my lifestyle system, from a move.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.
This problem the Bose is very common, and either caused by a processor glitch, or a hardware failure within the Bose.
Disconnect the Bose from power, then remove the umbilical cable between the Changer and the Main Unit. Press and hold the Eject button for 10 seconds and release (this drains residual current from the main unit).
Wait a minute, then re-connect the umbilical cable between the two devices- EXCEPT the power cable.
Then, press and hold the Eject button- while plugging the system back into power. Continue to hold Eject for 15 seconds, or until you hear the Eject motor engage.
Once that is done the system is reset, so if the issue is simply a processor glitch- this will correct it.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

However, if this does not work, then the player is in need of service- more specifically the Eject mechanism in the 3 disc changer has malfunctioned. In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:
BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We already tried this it did not work
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry but that indicates that the changer has a hardware failure internally- as those steps are the only user level steps you can take to correct this. One last ditch effort you can try before sending this into Bose for service is to leave the system unplugged from power for 60 FULL MINUTES to drain all residual current and hopefully reboot the system. If this does not work- then the eject mechanism has FAILED and requires repairs via Bose as indicated above in my answer.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm certainly not expected to pay for this right?