Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.

Have a KMR-M312BT. New Kenwood speakers worked with old

Customer Question

Have a KMR-M312BT. New Kenwood speakers worked with old radio in boat. Added the unit above and getting MISWIRE error. Says to insulate speakers. Why did speakers work with old radio?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. That message is saying that you have speaker wires touching. That causes a short, and is not good for the radio. The speakers should work just fine with your new unit, check the wiring to make sure the connections are clean. If you still get the message, disconnect the speaker wires and connect them one at a time to find which speaker is causing the problem.