Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

A disc in my Bose Wave SoundTouch Music System will not

Customer Question

A disc in my Bose Wave SoundTouch Music System will not eject. The message displayed is either "no disc" or "disc error".
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.
This problem the Bose is very common, and either caused by a processor glitch, or a hardware failure within the Bose.
Disconnect the Bose from power, then press and hold the Eject button for 10 seconds and release (this drains residual current from the main unit).
Wait a minute, then press and hold the Eject button- while plugging the system back into power. Continue to hold Eject for 15 seconds, or until you hear the Eject motor engage.
Once that is done the system is reset, so if the issue is simply a processor glitch- this will correct it.

Try those steps up to three times if the first do not work.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Aside from that, the only other steps on a user level, are to leave the system unplugged from power for an hour or more (per Bose), as this also enacts a hard reset of the system.

However, beyond that- if this does not work, then the player is in need of service- more specifically the Eject mechanism in the 3 disc changer has malfunctioned. In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Please review my reply for the answer to the question that you posted. Thank you.