Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a Colby surround sound system and whenever u hook it

Customer Question

I have a Colby surround sound system and whenever u hook it up its very loud and u can't control the volume with the remote
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Every since I've had it
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Really don't know where to start trouble shooting it, everything is hooked up right, the RCA cables are coming from the out side of the tv. It works fine, but it's wide open and u can't control the volume no way
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a JVC, it's around 10 to 15yrs old but so is the surround. I bought the surround at a garage sale. Like I say it all works just no volume control
JA: The theater expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

You mentioned both colby and jvc, can you please clarify which you have and provide the complete model number of both sound and tv systems?

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.