Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have Blu Ray wireless DVD player and a Pioneer Receiver.

Customer Question

I have Blu Ray wireless DVD player and a Pioneer Receiver. No sound was coming out while playing DVD nor trying to watch Netflix. We tried several troubleshooting methods through Netflix, but that was not the issue. Internet is not the issue. Purchased a new Blue Ray in case that may be the issue, but it is not. Now we are turning to you to tell us if there could be a problem with the Pioneer receiver. Please help!
Joe
*********
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out, Joe.

What is the make/model of your player?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Blu Ray is brand new, but the problem is totally in the Pioneer receiver (Aug 2011)VSX 521 K
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

So you have no sound only on bluray?
Are you getting sound through pioneer for any other input (radio, cable/satellite, etc)?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
TV Sound works and it is running through Pioneer receiver, but not through BluRay for DVD nor Netflix,etc.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or clear a security hold on your account. I’ll resend a new phone offer from my end that may be more readily processed. If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too, just let me know. Just let me know either way.

Thanks,

I need to know exactly how you have the pioneer connected to both tv and bluray.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can they recheck. I think I missed the security code on back of card.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What do you mean? They are connected the way they have always been connected without a problem until about a week ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

I need you to detail the specific connections, exactly which cords/ports are used on each device.

I'm not there to see it myself, so I have to rely on information from you to resolve the issue.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there a way to send you a photo?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can we run through the BluRay remote and the Pioneer remote to see if there is something on one of them that may remedy the situation?
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Yes, we can, and you can upload photos via the papeclip icon here.

I need you to tell me the specifi connections first, and exactly what you see on the pioneer display when you try to use the bluray.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It says on Pioneer screen Improve sound via bluetooth.....MC AccHDMI REald
Wireless playbackBluetooth AdapterSound via bluetooth
Easy setup ideal sound field
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Okay you are on the wrong input first of all, you need to set the pioneer to whatever input you have the bluray connected to.

Where did you plug it in? You should have an hdmi cable from the bluray to the BR or DVD input on the pioneer, and have the pioneer set to that corresponding input.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We do. All connections are fine.Visual is there. We think we may have hit some mute button and we have tried to reset it but it has no impact.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

I'm not asking if things are plugged in, I'm asking, for the 3rd time, for you to tell me all of the specific connections used between each device.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is no icon I can see to send you a photo. Your patience is much appreciated.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

You can just tell me, which port/plug (they are all labeled) is being used for tv, bluray, pioneer, and any other devices you have there (cable/satellite, etc)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Time Warner Cable from wall goes into Pioneer Receiver.DVR BDR in
DVD in
Surround left right center
PRE OUT
Audio DVR TV/Sat
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

I need specifics, please

eg: Hdmi OUT fromTW cable box to TV hdmi port on pioneer

hdmi out from bluray to BR input on pioneer

pioneer hdmi out to hdmi1 on tv

etc

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
06 August 2016 05:30
Time Warner Cable from wall goes into Pioneer Receiver.All wires in rear of ReceiverCable from wall into AT&T cable boxHDMI out from cable box to receiver
HDMI from receiver to DVDDVR BDR in
DVD in
Surround left right center to Pioneer speakers
PRE OUT
Audio DVR TV/Sat
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
HDMI from receiver to TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

So sound does work for cable, correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have already said we have audio for TV - both audio and video.
We have video on ALL.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Okay when you have the pioneer on the bluray input mode (so you get video from bluary),

if there is still no sound that is a pioneer setting.

It is not a mute or speaker setting or you wouldn't get cable sound.

Go into the pioneer setup menu, under Input Assign, and make sure that for bluray it is set to the proper association for the hdmi port you have it plugged into (and isn't set to analog, digital, etc)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is no sound. We believe it is Muted, but we cannot find how to unmute it. We have hit the mute button on the Pioneer receiver remote multiple times and manually turned the volume up on the receiver itself, and volume UP on the remote. Both show volume setting going UP on the receiver display screen, but there is no impact.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

This is not related to the mute function, or it would be affecting cable as well.

I've asked several times for the specific connections used and not received them.

I've given you specific settings above to adjust.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do you go into the Pioneer set up menu
If I knew what you are asking for I would have supplied it. You deal with this all the time. This is my FIRST time and not the expert.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

I am asking you for the specific connection and ports used from the player to the pioneer.

Press the Menu button on the pioneer remote to access the menu.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Such as...."Using the Pioneer remote click on...."
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Go into the pioneer menu, then to System Setup, then to Input Assign,

then to BR (or BDR, it is still unclear where you have it connected) and set it to the hdmi input

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When I press the button under the letters BD Menu and ADV Surr the sound on TV is changed to various speakers and sounds.First, should I put the video back on DVD first? Then access Menu? On the remote there are two Menu buttons -
Top Menu - Audio Parmeter
BD Menu- ADV SURR
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Set the pioneer to the input mode to get bluray picture back

then you are using the top menu button on the pioneer remote

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the DVD screen is back off of TV.
I pressed on the Pioneer remote Top Menu button and nothing happens
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Press the Receiver button first, then the SETUP button

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Pressed the Red Receiver button.
Pressed Home Menu Setup button.
Nothing on TV screen
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When I click Setup button, on the black scrolling screen on receiver window it says A. MCACC
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry I'll need to opt out at this point.

If you'd like to work through this via phone we can continue that way, as the chat isn't being productive for us here.

Otherwise I'll opt out and another expert may be willing to assist you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please give me to another person.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

I've opted out, if another expert is willing to assist they will get in touch with you here and be able to see our prior conversation.

Do not rate, or reply back here, as either may cause delays.

Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi Joe and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Pioneer.

And let's start with the basics; is there sound from the Pioneer connected speakers if the Pioneer is set to AM or FM mode?