Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.

Kdc-bt565u CD receiver. Installed unit. Radio came on and

Customer Question

kdc-bt565u CD receiver. Installed unit. Radio came on and was going through demo but was getting no sound. I was checking wiring and then radio went dead. After checking wiring I find that the leads for power show 12 volts when the radio is disconnected but same wires have less than 4 volts when the radio is connected. Please advise. Thank you.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi Tom and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, it would appear to be a 'phantom power' possibly due to a wiring issue of the vehicle and/or even a loose fuse/holder.

Proposed preliminary tries / tests (if have not been done):

• • temporarily join the red and yellow wires together and connect to a known to be good always available +12V source; and
  • • verify black wire is tied to chassis/frame ground and not only to the harness' ground line.