Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands

I'm trying to configure the HDZone (Multizone) on my

Customer Question

Hello, I'm trying to configure the HDZone (Multizone) on my VSX-1130-k .. but no sound is coming from the speaker terminals.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: It's a brand new amp
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Followed the manual.. still no luck
JA: The theater expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 2 months ago. did reset the amp to factory settings, then plugged a speaker cable in the surround back "L (Single)" and finally in Manual SP, I put HDZONE.Plugged that into a speaker. Cable and speaker are working, because when plugged into "center" on the same app, it's working fine.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If you select the Pioneer's built in FM tuner as the source, does the speaker output sound when connected to HDZone?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Are you still with me here? I'm simply trying to determine if the receiver's native tuner will playback through the HDzone now please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cannot select FM Tuner with the HDZone (see p.33)
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Okay I understand. I will need to opt out of the question. It is now open for other experts to view and assist.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

After the reset, did you actually go into the speaker setup in the pioneer menu and set it to the multizone amp mode?
You have to tell it how you want to use those extra channels, as a B channel, rear surround, or multizone, otherwise enacting the hdzone function has no effect.

Please do that now, then let me know if you're able to get any audio through that zone speaker.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?