Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years as audio/video repair and installation tech.
39158752

I seem to have a bad port for my HDMI. Is there anyway to

Customer Question

hello
I seem to have a bad port for my HDMI. Is there anyway to fix?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: Its on the satellite receiver. Yes, but when plugging in the cable it does not register
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: replaced cable with a new one that fits tighter
JA: The theater expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Are you asking about replacing an HDMI port on your satellite receiver? If so, no this is not something you can do- the HDMI port is part of the motherboard (soldered in place) and your SAT provider- whom you rent the box from would simply need to replace that box. Call them at the number on your bill and request they replace the box out. They own the equipment so it is their responsibility to replace it when it is faulty.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do. Not rent any equipment. I own my receiver.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

You own your satellite receiver? Okay, what is the brand and model number off of the receiver then please? And whom is your satellite provider?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry, I cannot take a phone call. That offer is not sent by me, but rather by the site. Another Expert may accept it however. Please reply back to the info requested here to proceed with me on this.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Forget it. This was a complete waste of my time & money!!
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

I'm not sure how I can help if you're not able to reply back with the specifics of the device in question. I'm sorry, but I will need to opt out of the question. It is now open for other experts to view and assist.

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , different tech.

How do you know or should I say "do you know" the satellite is at fault and not the tv ?

Tried another cable perhaps ?

Tried it on another tv ?

Do you have other equipment like dvd or games that work hdmi in that could be tried in TV's same port ?