Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I recently bought a Denon avrs710W receiver and I am now

Customer Question

hello I recently bought a Denon avrs710W receiver and I am now buying some KEF R300 bookshelf speakers. On the KEF web site it says the amplifier requires are 25 - 120W If you know, will my receiver be compatible with these speakers. I mainly listen to music on this system. Thank you for your help.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. I'm a sound engineer, and I can do the math. I'm looking up the specs on those speakers now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 4 months ago.

Yes, those speakers are a perfect match. You will want to use a 14-12 gauge wire to connect them. Here are the full specs:

Drive unitsUni-Q driver array:
HF: 25mm (1in.) vented aluminium dome
MF: 125mm (5in.) aluminium
Bass units: LF: 165mm (6.5in.) aluminium

Frequency range (-6dB)42Hz - 45kHz

Frequency response (±3dB)50Hz - 28kHz

Crossover frequency500Hz, 2.8kHz

Amplifier requirements25 - 120 W

The frequency response on those speakers are great. If you have a sub connected, set the crossover to 80hz in your receiver settings.

Expert:  Rusty replied 4 months ago.

Do you have any more questions about the speakers or your receiver?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you be a little bit more specific about the type of wiring I should use from my receiver to the speakers?
Expert:  Rusty replied 4 months ago.

It's just speaker wire, but you'll want the thick stuff to get the most out of the speakers. Click here, this is 16 gauge wire, it will work just fine, just try to stay away from the 18 gauge. The ends need to be stripped, and the bare wire connects to the back of the receiver, as well as the back of your speakers, so there are no connectors needed. Be sure that no strands of wire are touching across terminals.

Expert:  Rusty replied 4 months ago.

Do you have any more questions for me about your new system? Please don't forget to rate my service with you today with 3-5 stars. Rating does not close the question, and you can communicate with me at no extra charge.