Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years as audio/video repair and installation tech.
39158752

I can't find my Denon receiver on the bluetooth on either my

Customer Question

Hi - I can't find my Denon receiver on the bluetooth on either my wife's phone or my laptop, although I previously found it when we originally set up the device on my own iPhone and can still connect to it that way. Help!?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Can you give me the model number please ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
HI jack,Devon AVR-X1300W
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Very sorry but i did not mean to post here , the website does that at times ,

I will have to opt out now.

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

I see that no one came forward so perhaps I could help you with this , I`m free now

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

You said that you could still connect with your iPhone ?

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

If so then it would mean that when you set the denon to Bluetooth it will try to connect to your phone which is the last connect it had

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
my iPhone that I originally connected is still connected, but I can't find the denon receiver on my wife's iPhone or laptop. My wife is home now if you want to call(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
But how do we connect a new device to it
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Actually its the denon that will find them , not the other way around

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

This is easier done when it shows on the tv screen (GUI ) .

If you already have all your video going through the denon then nothing to do it will show there .

Do you want me to call your wife ?

Is that the phone number you left with the phone offer ?

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

I will accept the phone request and call that number anyway

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just sent it again to make sure. No video running through it. Yes calling her would be easiest thanks
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

I mean that the denon is connected HDMI to the tv so that its menu can be seen on the tv screen , is that correct ?

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

You are watching tv through the denon normally ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No we exclusively use it to connect to our house audio system. The technician used a monitor to install it, but Thats gone now. I synced my phone to it directly at a later stage just using my phone and the denon
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

That's a problem then , you need to see the GUI (graphic user interface ) like the installer did with its monitor

The way this works is that the denon discovers your units and connects to them

Right now it is searching for your phone only , you have to ell him to also includes the other discovered units and that is done through the GUI and denon remote

Not sure if this can be done blind

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hmmm...but I synced my phone up without the GUI?
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Yes the first one but now you have to tell him to includes the others , it likes your phone now and looks only for that

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

You have to disconnect him in order to connect him elsewhere

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

That is done by pressing OPTION on the remote when in Bluetooth mode and selecting PAIRING then select another device

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Otherwise anyone could come around and play music on your system , your neighbor for example :)

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

By the way , I have a similar receiver myself so I know how they work beside the fact that I repair them .

I don`t know about your pc or wife`s phone and perhaps your iPhone was able to connect without the confirmation on the denon but this is how its done normally with those .

You set it in Bluetooth mode and press OPTION on the remote then PAIRING and it will discover what is discoverable and while you have your device ready you select that device then normally your device will be asked for a code which is 0000 and that's it

Once those device have been added to its list you no longer need the guy , you can add up to 8 device on this receiver and next time you want to use it you just do it from your device , it will recognize them .