Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.

We have a Sharp 70" Aquos TV, a Denon AVR-S900W integrated

Customer Question

We have a Sharp 70" Aquos TV, a Denon AVR-S900W integrated Network AV Receiver, a Dish Receiver and an Apple all in one computer which were installed successfully in April,2015. We were able to stream photos, music, videos, tv programs etc from the Apple to the Sharp thru the Denon without any problems. A few months ago we had a problem with our Dish reception, so a tech came to our home and repaired the Dish set-up, but we discovered afterwards that the streaming did not work. Dish refused to rebuild the streaming function. We have attempted unsuccessfully to make changes to restore the streaming. We have called Denon and Sharp for advice to no avail. The Apple is connected to the Denon with a HDMI cable. The Denon is connected to the Sharp TV with a HDMI cable. The Dish Receiver is connected to the Denon with a HDMI cable. The mirroring works without sound and the tv screen blinks intermittently. We have successfully run a HDMI cable directly from the Apple computer to the Sharp TV, everything works fine, except we are unable to use the movie theater speakers, only the tv speakers.
We prefer to run everything thru the Denon. Can you help, and if so, at what cost?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble

Just to be clear, are you referring to an apple computer (imac) or to an appletv device?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Okay have you rechecked the display settings on the imac, you want to be outputting 1920x1080 resolution from the mac.

Also does your mac have a direct hdmi port, or is it using a display port, thunderbolt, etc to hdmi adapter?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We are busy right now with trees that have fallen from a storm and repairing our shoreline with a load of rock that was delivered this morning. Can we resume this dialogue later in the day?
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Yes of course, take your time.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?