Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years as audio/video repair and installation tech.
39158752

My Vizio S5451W-62 Sound Bar will not come on. I have

Customer Question

My Vizio S5451W-62 Sound Bar will not come on. I have unplugged it, waited 3 minutes, plugged it in again and still nothing. The light will not even come on.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: This happened on Thursday night sometime. The unit worked fine on Thursday night. then, on Friday morning the tv came on, but not the sound bar. Vizio has been of zero help.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I purchased it two years ago. It is a model S5451W-62. It is the powerbar with subwoofer and two rear speakers.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Vizio had me unplug it, hold the power button for 60 seconds to drain any power that might be in it. Then plug it back in and wait 10 seconds before hitting the power button. Still nothing.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

What is the bar doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?

Is the sub dead as well ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There is nothing.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Cannot tell if the sun is working. It is wireless. I assume it is.
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Definitely an internal power supply circuit problem then and this quite typical of vizio sound bars and especially in that serie.

Sorry to say but nothing can really be done with these low ends electronics beside replacing it when under warranty , no parts , manuals etc. are available

A local tech. may be able to help you but I would not hold my breath .

Sorry for the bad news here

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Sorry , unable to use the phone at this time and in any case if you received a $26 phone offer it was automated from the web site ,not from me

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

You just saved $26

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Wish i had better news and an easier solution for you today but i hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer if that answers your question and you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is closed if you have other questions.

Please note that from where i`m sitting there is just so much that i can do but give you a professional opinion