Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands

I have no sound or video from my Denon AVRS710 receiver. It

Customer Question

I have no sound or video from my Denon AVRS710 receiver. It lights up and turns on, but no on screen menu or cant use the quick wizard at all. No Sound from anything or video
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Sony XBR65850c It is not connected to the tv. That or the TIVO is not the problem. It is the receiver. I have troubleshooted all conections. I have the receiver connected to my computer monitor
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: see above
JA: The theater expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no. the receiver won't work
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Is the denon display flashing at all?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the front display is working
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No sound or video
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for confirming, this usually is the result of a bad hdmi board.

the first step we will try here is a microprocessor reset:
Power the denon off

press and hold the preset +/- buttons on the front,

keep holding while powering back on, until the display flashes, then release.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
nothing. still no sound or video at all.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Can you get anything from internal sources (fm radio, pandora, etc)?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No sound at all from radio, internet radio or ipod
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

okay, what about from the test tones for the speaker calibration, can you hear anything there?

Or can you hear anything via headphones?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no sound at all
not from mic or headphone jack
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for confirming.

Unfortunately that does tend to confirm an internal hardware failure.

Unplug power to the receiver for an hour, plug back in, and repeat the reset once more.

If still no change, then you have a bad main/control board, and the receiver would need to be serviced. This is a 2015 model, so you should still be within the warranty period, you'll just need to call(###) ###-####to file a warranty claim and they'll direct you to the closest service center you can take it to.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?