ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer

I have a japanese version of the Bose 3-2-1 GII home theater

Customer Question

I have a japanese version of the Bose 3-2-1 GII home theater system. The radio FM frequency range goes from 78 MHz to about 89MHz - too low for use in USA. Is it possible to have frequency range re-set to pick up US radio stations?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  ITPeter replied 3 months ago.

Hi Andrew,

It is not possible to have the frequency range reset within the unit - it does not contain the correct electronic components to pick up the USA FM signals.

You would need some sort of external FM Band Frequency Expander Conversion kit, however no such kit exists for Bose.

You could try contacting your local Bose dealer or contact Bose directly - they are keen to keep their customer base, and will likely offer you a good deal on a new unit if you trade in your Japanese version.

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips greatly appreciated :)
Alternatively, please reply back if you need further assistance.