Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

We have a 40 inch samsung led tv it is only 2years old and

Customer Question

we have a 40 inch samsung led tv it is only 2years old and has a blue screen, no picture but sound
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2 years old model # *****
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: we unplugged all cable boxes switched to a cable box we had on our other TV, unplugged the tv and replugged everything in
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home Theater Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-If you grab the Samsung remote and press MENU, or Volume, does anything show up on the tv screen? Try this also with the buttons on the tv itself please.

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
nothing happens we get sound and just a blue screen
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
there are no buttons on the tv
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Is it a bright blue or just like the screen is slightly glowing?

Does the tv volume go up/down when you use the Samsung remote volume buttons?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is slightly glowing blue screen and the volume does not go up or down
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
we changed the batteries in the remote also
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, then a $100 part inside needs to be ordered and replaced. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further. If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted which typically runs $300-$400 (parts and labor).

I'm very sorry for the bad news. Let me know how else I can help and before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?