Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have worked with home theater systems for over 20 years.
11519491

Why can't I turn off TV with remote. story through Bose

Customer Question

Why can't I turn off TV with remote. Long history through Bose support. The have always fixed any other problems but can not fix problem with remote. Comes on fine, after can not control anything. Sometimes works okay then stops working. Seams like I am dealing with some type of intermittent interference. A ghost!
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi, Please let me know what remote you have and your TV, and any other device the remote control works?

I will need the full model #'s and a better description so I can help you solve this mystery lol.

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Remote. Bose, model # *****
TV. Samsung, model # *****
DirecTV Satellite
DVD SAMSUNG
VCR Sonya
Sometimes I can remote control and other times no.Can sometimes put remote near display and will work. I have tried all kind of things. A good one was turn remote 90 degrees could control channels sometimes no joke. Be times when remote will work fine but could not turn off TV. Turn off with TV remote. Sometimes just use DirecTV remote and Bose remote which most times works. My wife likes it when I disconnect bose and just go from DirecTV to TV and DirecTV remote works great. I do like when it is working right very much. But after two years maby I should give up. Don't want a new one this is fine for me when it's working.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Oh that's a Sony not a sonya
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for the excellent description of the problem.

I would simply replace that remote as it is failing internally.

You could go through Bose, or another way to get a brand new replacement remote is either one of these two sites.

www.remotes.com

or

www.mremote.com

Im sure thats the problem ;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Bose already sent another remote didn't make any diffrence
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for that.

Then in this case you have either a dusty sensor in the TV or one that needs to be replaced due to the fact that it became weak as does happen on occasion.

You can replace the IR board fairly easily if you have electronic soldering experience and I will help Also with where to buy that part.

Please let me know on that?

Or you will need to have Best Buy or Sears fix this, it's not an expensive component but it needs to be replaced so the TV can see the IF signals from the remote better.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Please rate my service to you kindly at this time so I can close this for us;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
one time they had me send the remote, display and media center in to repair. Got it back didn't work any better. Never find out what they did. They don't tell me what they did just maby list parts.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How come the TV works fine with it's remote and direct TV remote?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I guess you are gone?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How do L rate you