Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands

I am getting a server error message trying to access

Customer Question

I am getting a server error message trying to access Pandora. Unit is a Pioneer vex 1123. Pandora worked for over a year before this message. I just upgraded firmware
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Pioneer VSX 1123
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just firmware update
JA: The theater expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home Theater Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

This is a system wide issue, pandora made some changes to their server environment recently which broke connectivity with many devices, including your receiver.

While you have done a firmware update already, the most recent update for your model is still an old one (from 2013), it just wasn't installed previously.

This is still the solution, there is just no new update released yet. For this to work again, Pioneer must publish and release a specific patch for your particular model, which can take awhile, typically we would expect to see service restored within a few weeks. In the meantime, you can stream via a connected iphone/ipad or other device like a roku, dish box, etc.

Just keep checking back for firmware updates every few days.

Best regards,

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Do you need help with this?