Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH receiver. I had it

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH receiver. I had it installed in a multizone setup and it was was functioning without problems. I moved it to a new location and have it installed with a simple two speaker setup. I get sound to the speakers when i have the receiver in tuner mode, but I am not able to get output to the speakers from the two input devices - cable box and songs player. I have tried using analog and optical inputs for both devices. I took the receiver into another room in my house where I have a functioning Yamaha receiver. Switched out the Yamaha for the Pioneer and it would not work in that location either, so I am confident the issue is with the Pioneer receiver and not the other devices or cables.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Have you tried resetting the Pioneer to factory defaults?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Resetting the system Use this procedure to reset all the receiver’s settings to the factory default.

Use the front panel controls to do this. Set MULTI-ZONE to OFF.

• Disconnect the iPod and USB memory device from the receiver beforehand.

1 Switch the receiver into standby.

2 While holding down ENTER on the front panel, press STANDBY/ON. The display shows RESET <NO >.

3 Select ‘RESET’ using PRESET +/–, then press ENTER on the front panel. The display shows RESET? OK.

4 Press ENTER to confirm. OK appears in the display to indicate that the receiver has been reset to the factory default settings. • Note that all settings will be saved, even if the receiver is unplugged.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Then setup the receiver as if it were new, and try setting up the speakers again and select 2 Channel or Stereo in the speaker MENU. Let me know if you have the same problem.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.