Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I have a CineMate digital home theater speaker system. Not

Customer Question

I have a CineMate digital home theater speaker system. Not sure of the model, but the serial no. is: 037487960190010AS.
Suddenly there is no sound coming out, and the light on the little box that receives the sound from the television and then transports it out to the 'big' bass box and other speakers is RED. The remote has new batteries, and other features work on the remote, but I can not turn on the 'box.' That is, it doesn't change to Green, and we have no sound. I noticed that for awhile (that is, the past few weeks), even though the light was green, it didn't seem to be responding, and all the volume control had to be adjusted by the TV remote.
I have checked all connections. What might be the problem? Is the little box screwed up?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Cinemate systems can freeze up from time to time. Unplug it for five minutes, that will drain the residual power and reset the system. Plug it back in, and tell me if that fixes the problem.

It's caused by static electricity. Unplugging it drains the static, and allows the electronics to have a fresh start. It's like taking a nap.